Monday, February 11, 2008

Spiritual References

Christianity
  • Jacks father's name was Christian Shephard,
  • Jesus Christ was known as a Shephard

  • Charlie was an Altar boy & made the sign of the cross before he drowned

  • Eko was a priest and he & Charlie began building a church on the island

  • Claire named her son Aaron, after the brother of Moses

Eastern Religions

  • There are 108 (the total of 'the numbers') beads on a Buddhist rosary

  • Buddhism teaches of the four noble truths & the eightfold path

  • Dharma is the teachings of Buddha

  • The Dharma initiative symbol resembes a Tao symbol, and the Swan forms a yin yang symbol inside.
Other Ideologies

  • Claire went to a psychic who told her to take her baby to LA (via Oceanic flight 815)

  • Hurley had tarot cards read to him by a fortune teller/psychic, who told him that he would come into money & that it would be 'bad'.

  • The recurrance of the numbers & thier power suggests a belief in numerology
I'm sure there are references to Islam, Judaism, and a gazillion other things I have no clue about.

6 comments:

Young Grasshoper said...

Sorry to stray from LOST conversation (which won't happen again). I just want to plug my Big Brother 9 Blog for another fun TV discussion blog:

http://bb9slop.blogspot.com/.

-Danielle

Leah said...

I'll pass this on to Joe. He loves the backstabbing and drama involved in Big Brother. :)

Benny said...

How dare you...

Rae said...

Hmm... I will have to get in on that blogg... thanks Danielle!

Young Grasshoper said...

Terry O'Quinn--I think that is his name (Locke) was on the radio this morning in ATL. Here is what I gathered:

-They are set to do 40 more episodes for the series.

-They will shoot 5-8 more this season.

-We should find out "a couple" more of the Oceanic 6 this season, one of those tomorrow night.

-Terry kept calling them "flash backs" instead of "flash forwards" when he was talking about the flashes we have seen since the season finale of season 2. Is that a mistake on his part? Or could that mean something?

-Interesting fact: Terry did not agree with how the writers had his character throw a knife in Namoi's back. He said he really put up a fight about doing it b/c he didn't think it fit with his character to kill her. The writers (or whoever makes that decision) said that he had to b/c since he just survived that bullet wound and "heard the voice of the island" he would do whatever it took to stop the "bad" people.

Obviously he didn't and couln't reveal anything big. The radio people are 100% convinced that it was Jack's dad in the rocking chair in the cabin a couple of episodes ago as some have theorized.

Time travel was also mentioned as a theory and Terry actually inadvertantly gave support to it by saying that Jack saw his dad on the island in season 1....

I don't know if any of this info is useful, but I wanted to report.

runner52 said...

Thanks for the report.

I find it interesting that he refers to the flash forwards as flash backs. That must mean something.

I must not pay attention enough to this show because I did not even think about it being Jack's father or about most of the stuff you guys have been reporting. Good thing I am on this blog.