Monday, February 11, 2008

Papa Don't Preach

All of the main characters seem to have major daddy issues, as noted by one of the others when he tells Locke to hit on a younger woman :
"She's looking for a daddy, same as everyone here."

  • John Locke's biological father reconnected with him as an adult, because he needed his kidney. After he got what he wanted, he abandoned him all over again. Locke's father pushed him out of a window which left him paralyzed and in a wheel chair.
  • Sawyer's father killed his mother in front of him when he was a child.
  • Jack stood up to his father when he operated on a patient under the influence of alcohol. The patient died, Jack didn't cover and his father lost his license as a result.
  • Jin is ashamed of his father's profession as a fisherman.
  • Sun's father is disappointed that she fell in love and married a fisherman's son and offers Jin a job at his corrupt company.
  • Walt was raised by his step father and never knew Michael until his mother died. His Step father gave him up to Michael.
  • Claire's father is Christian Shephard (Jack's father), but she never knew that he had another family.
  • Kate murdered her abusive step father , who turned out to be her biological father.
  • Ben's father blamed him for his mothers death and abused & neglected him. Ben killed his father.

I'm sure there are others that have escaped me. Can anyone think of any I missed?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurley's dad left him when he was a kid and then showed up once he won the lottery.

Anna Lucia's dad was a cop who was allegedly involved in some illegal activity.

Benny said...

Man! you guys are good! Chris, what's your email addy? I'll send you an invite to become an author. I sent one to Leah and my mom.

Benny said...

Claire's baby doesn't have a biological father.

Young Grasshoper said...

I noticed the "daddy issues" also and wonder what the significance of it is...if there is one. What about Boone and Shanon? Didn't Shannon have dad or step dad issues? I can't remember.

I want to contribute to this blog, but I do not know what to say! I enjoy reading everyone's theories though!

-Danielle

runner52 said...

I never noticed the daddy thing- good catch!