Thursday, February 21, 2008

Gonna go back in time............

So these flashbacks really have me thinking a lot. And since I have seen the shows most recently, my memory might be a little more fresh. Here are some of the highlights. Let me know what I missed.

Jack: In his flashbacks we have seen Desmond running with him in the stadium.
Boone/Shannon: Their father was the one that allegedly hit Jack's (future) wife. While they were in the hospital to hear he had died, Jack walked quickly passed them.
Kate: She helped Sawyer's girlfriend/con woman run a con at a gas station:
Sawyer: Met with his conman "teacher" at the diner where Kate's mom worked. Her mom was their waitress. Also had drinks with Jack's dad prior to his death.
Charlie: Saved Sayid's Iraqi girlfriend from getting mugged in an alley in England
Locke: When he was inspecting homes (right as this car was following him who turned out to be his father), the home he was inspecting was also for Sayid's Iraqi girlfriend.
Desmond: Aside from seeing Jack, he also saw Charlie singing on the side of the road.
Claire: Met with a psychic who turned out to have a daughter that "came back to life". Echo went to visit their family when he was part of the church.
Jin: When he drove to that man's house to threaten him for his father and law, the man's tv was on in the background. On the tv was the news with Hurley on it for winning the lottery. (Although I really dont know why an American lottery winner would be on an Asian newscast)
Ana Lucia: She flew with Jack's dad to Australia, actually bumped into Sawyer with her car outside the bar.
Hurley: Was in the mental hospital with Libby.

Do they all mean something? Do they mean nothing at all? Could all of us really be somewhat connected to that many people we are on a plane with? I know thats a real stretch (what part of this show isnt?) I mean, its not like they are all long lost brothers/sisters. Sawyer didn't know that sitting a few rows from him in the plane would be his parents, manipulating friends, boss', son. (Locke). The whole flasback thing could just be the writer's exaggeration of 6 degrees of separation. That we are all connected.......... That or something completely different.

4 comments:

Benny said...

"Claire: Met with a psychic who turned out to have a daughter that "came back to life". Echo went to visit their family when he was part of the church."

I don't remember this.... I remember the psychic but I don't remember Echo going to visit him and I don't remember his daughter coming back to life.. Did I miss an episode?


Thanks for the cliff notes on the flashbacks though.. there were a lot of "oh yeah" moments when I was reading it.

Anonymous said...

I believe it was season 3 but somebody came to Echo and said there is this little girl who claims to have died and came back to life. Echo did not believe the story (which is why his superior chose him to travel and see this family) when Echo arrived, the girl's father was Claire's psychic

Leah said...

In season 4, Hurley was arrested by Ana-lucias old partner.

A majority if not all characters are ignorant to the connections. They have no idea that thier paths have crossed before.

runner52 said...

Chris, I am glad you just recently watched these episodes because there are alot of things we don't rememeber or didn't connect because it happend so long ago. This is great that it is so fresh in your mind. I didn't realize alot of these connections. I believe it's the 6 degrees theory.

Aunt Terry