It's JACK!! Or is it? Why do I feel like there's still a curveball coming? Maybe MIB will kill Jack and someone will have to take his place? Maybe Jacob is just testing Jack to see if he's really candidate material? Or... Maybe Jack really is the replacement. In a way it makes sense since it's such a predictable choice and Jacob is supposed to represent faith and order...
What I was genuinely surprised about though, was that Ben showed his true colors.. He is as conniving and murderous as ever... anyway, I'm at work and cant' spend a lot of time writing this, but here's the official recap:
On the island: Locke's group:
- Locke finds Ben with Widmore and Zoe at the barracks
- Kills Zoe
- Threatens to kill Widmore's daughter, Penny, if Widmore doesn't tell him everything
- Learns from Widmore why Desmond is important
- Ben kills Widmore to prevent him from telling Locke everything
- Locke discovers that Desmond isn't dead and is missing from the well
- Reveals that he is going to destroy the island
On the island: Jack's group:
- Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Hurley look for the well where Desmond is kept
- Jacob meets them and tells them everything about the island
- Jacob brought them all there so one of them could take his place
- Jacob chose them because they were alone, flawed and needed the island as much as it needed them
- One of them has to protect the light at the center of the island from ever going out
- Jacob doesn't want to chose one of them; he gives them the choice
- Jack says he'll do it
- Jacob performs the ceremony with Jack, and Jack becomes the protector of the island
Flash sideways:
- Ben sees Desmond at the school again and tries to stop him
- Desmond explains he's trying not to hurt Locke but to help him "let go"
- Desmond beats Ben, and Ben sees flashes of something but doesn't understand it
- Locke hears Ben's story and is moved by it
- Desmond turns himself in to the police; Sawyer puts him in a holding cage with Sayid and Kate
- Locke goes to the hospital and talks to Jack and says maybe what happened to him is happening for a reason; maybe Jack is supposed to fix him
- Ben is driven home by Alex and her mother, Danielle Rousseau
- Ben has dinner with Alex and Danielle, and there's a sweet, romantic spark between Ben and Danielle
- As Desmond, Kate and Sayid are being transported to county lockup, Ana Lucia lets them go
- Hurley drives up and takes Sayid with him; Desmond tells Kate they are going to a concert
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I think that if it was anyone other than Jack it would have been weird. Jack's personal struggle has always been science v.s. faith, and I think this episode signified his crossover to a man of faith. I was happy for Jack, I felt good that it was him.
Where's the twist? We better believe something big is going to go down in the finale, although enjoyable this epi was a little predictable.
My favorite part of the episode was when Hurly said, "Dude you didn't tell me Ana Lucia was going to be here". Awesome!!!!
One more left and I'm holding my breath in anticipation.
I think the possible twist may involve Sawyer. He seems very much like an opportunist and I think if he has a chance to get anything, he will go for it - meaning that if there is a replacement for MIB or he can still replace Jacob himself, he will try and do it.
If Jack is not the new Jacob I will be so disappointed. He has always been a leader and a hero and now that he has faith and believes in the island this makes him the perfect choice.
Ben is bad again and I think maybe he will somehow replace MIB.
I can wait to see what happens at this concert. I feel like there will be some pivotal moment through some catastrophe, or maybe in the music that Daniel plays that will trigger their memories (if that is what you can call it) and they will all become aware of the island life they live(d) at the same time.
Desmond is playing such a huge part in bringing this altogether. I feel like he will continue to be one of the most important characters.
So many questions left unanswered--Aaron's importance, David's mother, how Jacob and MIB's "adoptive" mother came to the island, Eloise (how is she so in the know?), and last but not least---what does Desmond want Locke to "let go" of???
Sawyer did have a somewhat disappointed look when Jack drank the water/wine... like he regretted not speaking up.
I wonder if Jack actually *believes* in the island or is just afraid of leaving again.
Or maybe it's both.
In the same way that some people believe in thier religion because they're afraid of going to hell....
Post a Comment