The Little Prince
Seems fairly obvious that they want us to think the title refers to Aaron.. So either it's a hint and Aaron is special... like we've thought all along, or it's meant to distract us from the real story. I think it's a hint. Let's think about this... I have a theory.
Locke dies to bring the O.8. back to the island. We know this from the season 4 finale... What if Aaron is Locke. Or a reincarnation of him... I keep thinking back to the episode last season where Richard visited Locke as a boy. If you remember, he showed little Locke an assortment of objects. These were presented to Locke as a test to see if he was who Richard thought he might be. It reminds me of the way they choose the Dalai Lama or other religious leaders in Tibetan Buddhism.. The Lama dies and the monks go throughout the country looking for his reincarnation. They present certain children with a group of the Lama's posessions to see how he (it's always a male, apparently) reacts.. If he chooses the correct object, he is deemed the reincarnation of the Lama....This is my understanding of it anyway... It's the same as Richard did with Locke.
Locke failed the test, but this could be inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.. what is significant is that throughout the entire series, we've been made to feel as if Aaron is special in some way. It's becoming more and more clear that Locke is special, too. So I'm posing this theory and I want to get your thoughts on it:
Aaron is Locke is Jacob.
By the way, they showed the birth of Aaron this episode.. coincidence?.. Dont be distracted by Jin coming back... that doesn't matter in the big picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Another thought.. there is still a lot of mystery around Ben and his childhood. Did Richard give him a test similar to the one he gave Locke? Is that why his father was offered a job on the island? When Richard asked Ben to kill everyone on the island, was another test? Did Ben fail it by actually following through with it? Lock refused to kill even those who were keeping him hostage, proving that he was the true reincarnation of Jacob...
How could Aaron be Locke if Locke was still in Locke's body when Aaron was born?
It's possible with time travel. You could go back to 1982 and visit yourself as a kid. Or, perhaps more relevant, you could go to the future and visit your reincarnated self.
Oh yeah, I did that once. I totally forgot. lol.
I'm tellin ya. I'm on to something here.
How about the idea that TIME isn't even real, but just an illusion. Huh? What do you think about THAT? Maybe it's all in their minds. Maybe they've all LOST their minds...
Post a Comment