

This is just to add to Leah's "leap of faith" post. This shot of Locke and Ben is the image that really sticks in my mind from the last episode. It's clear that this shot was deliberately composed to look like the crucifixion of Jesus. It's also clear, as mentioned in this post that he's a Buddha figure, too... I know this is all stuff we already know, but I just wanted to make a post that will keep track of all of the religious references.
John Locke = Jesus/Buddha
Christian = Jesus/Buddha
Aaron = Jesus/Buddha
Jack = St. Thomas
Claire = Mary
Ben = Some (so far) unknown false prophet
Richard = The angel Gabriel
Charlie = Some unknown martyr
Smoke Monster = St. Peter? (The "keeper of the keys to the kingdom of heaven"/"The guard of the island")
Charles Widmore = Satan (Satan was a fallen angel who was exiled from Heaven. Charles, for whatever reason, was exiled from the island, and is trying to get back).
Candidates for the twelve apostles:
Jack, Hugo, Claire, Sun, Jin, Sawyer, Kate, Sayid, Desmond, Juliet, Walt, Micheal, Ben, Rose, Bernard, Charlie
8 comments:
reminds me of one of my favorite songs : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsYWfnfNpKs
I forgot, Micheal = Judas
The others are the Romans?
I'm onboard with most of this except that christian, aaron and locke or all the same person. maybe aaron and locke are but then how would christian be too? he looks nothing like locke. maybe christian is God. All I know is, this is getting nuts.
It could be like the Father, the son & the holy ghost, or is that just a catholic thing?
WOW! Leah, I didn't hink of that, but it totally fits with the 3-as-1 theory. Good one.
I also want to clarify, that I think these links to philosophy and theology should be looked at as clues to how the story will play out. I don't necessarily think that Locke IS the reincarnation of Jacob, but he could be the NEXT Jacob. Same goes for the other connections.
Benny-the evolution of ancient world religions? Imagine that!
The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost are really all one and the same.
Post a Comment