Official Recap Here
What a great ending! Assuming mini Ben is dead, how will this ripple through time? Will big Ben just disappear, Back to the Future style? Or did Big Ben come back into the past and prepare mini Ben for just such a situation?
My theory is that this is a pivotal moment in ity bitty Ben's life. Similar to when Locke got shot in the stomach by Big Ben. After that, Locke was never the same.. he met Jacob, became "the one"... etc. Maybe this is when that happens to Ben. I predict that next episode, Richard will discover little bleeding Ben and take him to Jacob to be healed.
One interesting observation I made was that Sayid tied to the tree looked an awful lot like he was being crucified.. Jesus style.
As a side note, remember last season when Ben could like go into a closet and travel back into the real world from the island at will? What ever happened to that?
1 comment:
Actually, that "closet" scene came at a point after the hostiles shot Alex. Ben said "They aren't playing by the rules," (which I think has signifigance, though i am not sure what) and ran into the hidden room which, itself, had a hidden room which was old looking and made of stone. When he emerged a few minutes later, we was covered in dirt. At this point the smoke monster appeared and attacked with a force we hadn't seen before.
I agree with real life Ben, in regards to the shooting of little Ben. Can't wait to see.
What I found interesting is the subplot in which Juliet does not want to leave their (her & Sawyer's) life with the Dharma Initiative. The Initiative's existence is a deadend and will end once Ben aids in the gassing. Does she have ulterior motives here???
Post a Comment