- 4 - Locke
- 8 - Reyes
- 15 - Ford
- 16 - Jarrah
- 23 - Shephard
- 42 - Kwon
The Man in Black explains that each candidate has three choices:
1. Stay until you're 'crossed out'.
2. Take over and become the new 'Jacob'.
3. Leave.
As he explains this, he crosses out the name and number of Locke.
This raises some questions:
- Locke is the first number and was also the first "leader" out of the group. Hurley (Reyes) is the new leader and the next number. Does that mean he's going to be "crossed out" next?
- Which Kwon is number 42? The man in Black mentioned Sun and Jin, but he neglected to mention that they also have a child which would share that last name.
- What about the people who are still in the mix but not written on the ceiling? Claire and Aaron? Kate?
It's interesting to see the "Flash Sideways." and how people's lives were changed as a result of the bomb.. some things are the same, some things are slightly different, and some things are wayy different.
4 comments:
Did they climb Jacobs Ladder? If I remember correctly, that was the ladder between Heaven & Earth, but I could be wrong.
One name/number combination that stuck out to me was "23 Shepherd", which goes back to Psalm 23 that begins "The Lord is My Shepherd".
4 Locke, might refer to volume 4 of philosopher John Locke's essays.
That's all I got...for now.
Just a couple of i noticed in this episode.
1)i think that the kid new locke saw is a diety that is above new locke and jacob.
2) when the kid said "you can't kill him." he was refering to new locke not being able to kill sawyer
3)all six of the people with the corresponding numbers (4,8,15,16,23,42) need to work together to save the island.
5)kate is the new 4
6)they are the last names/numbers writen in the cave so new locke just has to talk sawyer or someone else into leaving the island to stop them from stopping him.
7)new locke can't directly kill anyone who's name is written in the cave
Jonathan,
Very Good points!
I forgot about that kid; I think you're right, he probably was talking about Sawyer.
Ben, I was going to call and ask you about the stones, but thought I would read this 1st.
Jonathon, I thought the kid was Aaron, but not sure because he is alot older than he should be. I do agree he is someone higher than everyone else. Good point about him not being able to kill anyone.
What I want to know is why he wants everyone off the Island. What will that mean to him?
Leah, Obviously this must all be religous based as you have pointed out many times that evertything points to the Bible.
Does anyone think we are closer to finding out the truth? At least we know " A little" about the numbers. I think next week Clare will wrap up some mysteries.
Post a Comment