Saturday, May 2, 2009

Episode Recap - "The Variable"

After giving our brains a week to heal, they hit us with this mind bender! We saw some flashback that we've seen before.. only now they were in the present... which is really the past. We knew that Whitmore had more than a passing interest into Faraday's work.. but this episode revealed that he was Faraday's father. While it's interesting, I'm not sure it has any major influence on the storyline... except that maybe Daniel was born on the island... so even though he's dead, we may still see more from him.

I've been complaining about the actor who plays Dr Chang and how he's basically got only one emotion, frustrated. It's interesting to see him interact with Daniel Faraday who I think is a great actor. It's like night and day.

Ellie appears at this point to be a callous, cold blooded son killer... but I bet theres more to her story. Maybe she knows that there's only one way to save the world, and it involves killing her son?

As a final note, I'm following @abclost on twitter and they told me that there was going to be a two hour "event" for the 100th episode. There wasn't. I'm pissed.

2 comments:

runner52 said...

Are you saying it is "OK" for a Mother to kill her son to save the world? Just asking. Love, MOM

Leah said...

I know I quit the web, but this blog doesn't count....

Anyways-good point Mom!!
Isn't that what Christians believe their God did? Sacrificed His son to save the world?